Google

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Headlamps Aren't Just for Spelunking Anymore!

One Christmas Chris received a headlamp as a gift from his brother, Mark. Mark was so excited to give Chris the gift as he found his own headlamp to be invaluable. Although we believed him, we couldn't possibly think of one way we'd use it. This was four Christmases ago, and boy was he right! So far, we've used this headlamp for anything from home improvement projects to locating a missing cat under a piece of furniture. We've used it for hiking, painting, during power outages and most recently (as in, last night) running in the dark through crunchy snow in subfreezing temperature through a snowstorm. I've had my fair share of near misses running through the streets of Ferndale, but last night I couldn't be missed! I glowed like a shining star. My third eye lead the way through the hurdles of my neighborhood with boundless energy. Did people think I was crazy? Probably. Am I? Probably. I didn't care as I was so happy to been able to get my run in while avoiding being flattened like a pancake by some oblivious driver on a cellphone. Thanks for keeping me safe, Mark!

1 comment:

TNTcoach Ken said...

Way to go Cyclops! I got Sandy one for Christmas and she loves it, although it can blind your running partner if you shine it directly in their face.

Google