Google

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Marathon # 3.75

June 28th you'll find me participating in the second annual Charlevoix Marathon! After a disappointing St. Louis Marathon, I feel like I need a positive marathon experience to regain my focus. This is a small race (less than 400 people participated last year including the 5K, 10K, half and full marathons, runners and walkers) and consists of two out and back loops. Even if I don't love the course (and why wouldn't I love running along the beach in Charlevoix and on wooded bike paths?), the race advertises candy at each aid station. After Dances with Dirt, I discovered that candy if my favorite running treat!

Even better, Chris and Elvis are coming with me. It's the best to see my favorite person with my favorite dog along the course and at the finish line. AND, if my favorite person is carrying a bottle of cold chocolate milk, well hell, I'll need to pinch myself!

2 comments:

TNTcoach Ken said...

Chocolate milk? What happened to a cold BEvERage?

Libbie said...

Chocolate milk first, another cold BEvERage next. :)

Google