Google

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Look who's actually smiling!



On August 10 Angela and I participated in the Run4 H20 5K on the Riverwalk. Some of our Downtown Runners friends, Amelia Letvin and Kathy Brennan, put on the show. These two know how to put on a race: cute tshirts, great prizes, tons of yummy post race food, coffee, and the all important keg of microbrew that tastes best when consumed at 9:30 in the morning. We were slated to be volunteers but, at the last minute, we learned that our help could be better used as participants.

Having not run a 5K since high school, I wasn't expecting much. I had it in my head just to have fun, which has been my new goal since I started running again. After seeing too many miserable pictures of myself on the course, and beating myself up unnecessarily during one of my favorite pastime, I had had enough.

Angela and I smoked our age group taking first and second with times of of 23:02 and 23:03! She and I left with bread for a year from Panera and a Bagger Dave's gift certificate, respectively, plus bagsful of leftover race food. I think I'm beginning to like these shorter races.

1 comment:

TNTcoach Ken said...

Wow, look at that form. The shorter races should be fun and put a smile on your face.

Google