Google

Sunday, January 11, 2009

White Elephant?


Oh, how I love my birthday. It's proof that I'm alive and that's cause enough to celebrate in my book! Inspired by our creative friends and the desire to pass on the belief that one (wo)man's trash is another (wo)man's treasure, we celebrated my 32 years of life white elephant style.

I'm convinced that some of our friends did not understand the rules. Since when did Waterford crystal and a growler of Kuhnhenn beer become white elephants? (Did my birthday presents end up on the white elephant table, perhaps?)

Some of the favorite white elephants were (in no particular order): a moldy hot pink bedazzled pillow, the Virgin Mary (or some other saint, as Matt would argue), a fabric goose that was a veteran of six other white elephant soirees, a left-handed beer mug with the sounds of a bike bell attached to it (as in RING! RING! I'm out of beer!) with a growler of beer.

Click on this slide show to check out some fancy photojournalism. Note that the Virgin gets around as the evening progresses. No big surprise there.

No comments:

Google