Google

Monday, January 4, 2010

2010, Here we Come!

I'm back to the daily grind today! What better a time to post my first message for 2010? :) Chris and I spent a wonderful New Year's in Chicago with my best cousin Holly, her husband Danny, and their dear friends, Jackie and Mike. We rang in the new year with a magnum of champage, crap cakes, shrimp scampi, roasted veggies and chocolate mousse. I don't think I could ever get tired of Chris' crabcakes! They are amazing! Fresh, crispy, tender, and flavorful, just the opposite of many freezer burnt restaurant varieties. We follow the recipe from Fine Cooking. Here's the recipe.

The rest of the weekend was spent visiting our wonderful extended family in the Chicagoland area, where Chris met me after spending a week in St. Louis with his family. It's always so great to see everyone!

Today, it's back to work, and actually, I'm looking forward to it. I have the best job in the world!

1 comment:

Daniel said...

It's always a good time when the Messick's and Rutherford's get together!

Google