Google

Monday, June 22, 2009

June Snippets

I've got lots of good stuff and thought I'd separate it into little snippets rather that the long paragraph form with which this blog has become so accustomed. Bear with me as I jump along a bit, as they're in order of excitement/immediacy:

I've never been so excited that it's June 22 in my life! TOMORROW I get my cast off. After six weeks of agony, hobbling around and near helplessness, I think it's about time. I'll be going straight from the podiatrist to the pedicurist to work some magic on my neglected toes.

Last night while limping around at Meijer in the wine section, Chris and I came across a bottle of Murphy-Goode Cab which we quickly napped. It's a 2004 (read: GREAT year for Napa Cab) and I believe that it could quite possibly be an omen. Guess I'll find out in a few days whether I'm selected.

Tonight Chris and I are going a wine tasting at the Franklin Grill with my parents. We have no idea what we'll be tasting, but are hoping we can come home with some new summer wines! Aren't we all sick of drinking the same varietals over the BBQ? UGH!

Our tenants are tentatively paying their rent today. WOO HOO!

Danny and Holly are rolling in on Wed. for a quick Rutherford fix/Cubs vs. Tigers game. My other side of the family will be represented too with Uncle Pete (one of the three Chris and I have between us), Aunt Mary and cousin (and fellow Chicago Marathoner) Jo. Hopefully we can also get in some time with our two coolest nieces ever, Catherine (20 months) and Grace (three weeks).

Elvis got a bath today and THANK GOD! After his stint at the Strut Your Mutt at the Franklin 5K, he's been more than a little ripe. Chris said he got a little hot and began strutting his muttly self through the driveway drain offs along the road. It may have cooled him off but boy did it make him a mess! Summer molting season has officially started.

No comments:

Google