Google

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Idiot in the Waiting Room

I hope Chris never has to have another surgery again, and not just because having surgery sucks. While sitting in the waiting room for six hours (not that I mind, because I’ll wait forever for favorite person any day), I had the pleasure of meeting one of the more offensive people I’ve come across.

He began his conversation with me by saying that he turned on the TV this morning only to be welcomed by “Black America.” What does this even mean? I squinted at him and went back to reading my magazine. He went on about how he has no problem with black people as he was in the military (again, what does this even mean?) and that there’s no way Obama will ever get done what he’s promised. I smiled and said, “Well, it will be hard, but we’ll have to wait and see!” He then accused me of voting for Obama (I did). Anyone who begins a sentence with, “I have no problem with black people,” or, “I’m not racist but…” clearly has a problem with black people and is someone I would consider to be racist.

I thought I’m waiting for my husband to come out of a pretty major surgery. I’m sure you’re here for similar reasons. I prefer to keep to myself, which is why I’m sitting in the opposite end of the room as everyone else. Could he not see that I was not interested in getting into a political conversation or any conversation at all?

He then asked me if I was in school. Wondering why this was any of his business, I answered that it has been a long time since I’d been in school. Hoping to avoid further comment or question, I volunteered that I was 31. He offered that I looked 18. I’m not sure it that’s good or bad. He asked me if I had kids and advised me that, at 31, I only had two more years to have some. Desperate to end our conversation, I told him that I didn’t like kids. He gave me the most incredulous look, and FINALLY WALKED AWAY!

Thank you for telling me that I look young but I’m really old and that you are the kind of American that makes us all look ignorant and stupid!

4 comments:

Becka said...

You hot little 18 year old! At least you recognize what is wrong with this country - stupid and narrow minded people who impose their values on everyone!!!!! :)

TNTcoach Ken said...

I wake up Black everyday! I wonder how many more years I have to procreate? LOL, don't you just love it....

Daniel said...

Nice story...I would have added..."I don't like kids...and I'd be scared to death that IF I had a kid, it would grow up to be a Horse's ASS like yourself Sir! Good Day!"

Libbie said...

Hahahaha! I love it. At least all of my friends agree with me...or they're really good liars. :)

Google