Google

Monday, November 24, 2008

What we learned in Chicagoland


As usual, we had an awesome and informative weekend with the Messicks. They showed us that the trick to the perfect lasagna is a turkey baster and how to effortlessly repair a ceiling leak by mopping it. My only regret is that I don't have the pictures to prove it. Those Messicks sure know what they're doing.

We had a pleasant Saturday afternoon over at Goose Island sampling their many delicious beers. Danny and I had no trouble deciding though Holly and Chris decided on the flights. Why make one choice when you can make four?

We had a pleasant Sunday afternoon at the wine and cheese shop for lunch. Danny and I had no trouble deciding though Holly and Chris decided on the flights. Have you ever heard of a salad flight? Me either.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: We feel so lucky to have such fantastic friends in our cousins. I'm so happy to know that my awesome cousin Holly married someone equally so. We just wish that we lived closer (or that we could build a tunnel with a fast moving travel device between each other's homes).

2 comments:

Daniel said...

I am still stunned the lasagna turned out as delicious as it did...Holly is an AWESOME cook and an even awesomer wife!
You know I still can't believe we don't own a mop! I had to wipe up the dripping ceiling with a spong/squegee (sp?) combo I had in the garage I had planned on getting rid of...thank the Lordy Lord I didn't throw it out!
Realy glad you and Chris enjoyed Goose Island as well...its a cool place to hang out on a cold winter's day with some cold ale warming our bellies...
Great time as always with the Rutherfords!!!
As always, MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel said...

Oh, and cut me some slack Libbie...in re-reading my last post I noticed I did in fact have some spelling errors...so sue me!!! ;-)

Google