Google

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 12

I'm on day 12 of not running and I have to say, it's not going very well. I've laced up not once, but twice, for a total of nine miles in the past two weeks. :( It's a far cry from the 50 mile+ weeks I'm used to logging, and to be honest, doesn't feel much like running at all. You could say that I am actually giving myself a rest (albeit an active one), as I've also been swimming, which I love!

I've concluded that I'm not going to make it a whole month. With two new pairs of running shoes staring me in the face, dancing in my head, and my peer pressure-ish friends hinting (read: pressuring!) me to come out and run, I know I'm going to cave. It's more than just the training, the miles, the log books, my speed. I miss my friends, our conversations, how silly/crazy I feel after a long run, and watching my friends stuff their faces with whatever experiment I've decided to bake to eat after our runs.

It's just that my hip hurts, my shoulder hurts, my head hurts and I generally, genuinely, need a break. A real break.

No comments:

Google