Google

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My first treatment



Yesterday, I had my first, highly anticipated acupuncture treatment! I'm happy to report that it is not only painless (in more ways than one) but that it was actually pleasant! Even though I had needles in my feet, hands, neck, head, legs and chest, all I could feel were heaviness and a buzzing sensation. As difficult as it is normally for me to sit still, I had no trouble laying there, motionless, for 45 minutes. It was as if my body was asleep while my mind was awake. Weird, I know, but kinda cool.

The clinic was very zen, and in Ferndale, which I love. Supporting your community businesses is really the only way to go. In fact, this is a community clinic called Community Health Acupuncture Center. It's a sweet little clinic with a sliding scale ($15-35 per treatment, whatever you can pay) so you can actually get the treatment you need. The community aspect is the treatment room, which can serve up to four patients. Since you're fully clothed, there's no weirdness (but if you're into that sort of thing I guess you wouldn't feel weird), but yesterday I was the one and only. I say, if you've ever been curious about it and want to check it out, here's your opportunity.

I can't say yet if my shoulder is feeling better yet, but I should know in another two or three treatments. At best, I'll be completely healed. At worst, I'll be relaxed!

Community Health Acupuncture Clinic
Darlene Berger
801 Livernois
Ferndale, MI 48220
248-246-7289

No comments:

Google